We cannot stress the importance of a well planned trip. A well planned trip eases the stress of the day, raises a trucker’s comfort level and becomes a more profitable trip overall.
In the past a driver would plan his/her trip without the use of any devices. Fast forward to today a driver must plan around the electronic logbook and adhere to hours of service regulations.
Here are some tips to help plan your trip:
- Check the mileage of the delivery point
- See if you have enough hours to get to your destination
- Plan out your route, where you will stop and eat, where you will sleep, than see how many miles you have to make a day to be on time
- If you do not think you will have enough time to get where you are going, call the dispatcher
- Remember that safely is your top concern.
Good trip planning can mean the difference between successful run or a failed run. Make sure you take the time to plan ahead. Without proper planning obstacles can get in your way, such as, becoming stranded in a storm, lost in a bad neighbourhood, or running out of hours to get to where you need to be.